<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d15925399\x26blogName\x3dPre-Cal+40S+(Winter+\x2706)\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://pc4sw06.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://pc4sw06.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d8544817652058964798', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

conics blogging on blogging

The Conics unit wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I didn't really have any problems understanding things. There was only one thing I had a problem with and that was with the hyperbola. The circles, porabolas and ellipses were all very clear to me but I'm still having difficulty with graphing the hyperbolas. It's hard for me to compare the hyperbola to the ellipse. I know they're similar but it's still unclear to me how. I understand what the transverse and conjugate axis are and how to get them however I don't know how to get the asymptote and how to draw the "box" between the two vertices of the hyperbola. Maybe I need to see the anatomy of the hyperbola written down in my dictionary so I can look at it more clearly.

Just yesterdays class we learned everything there is to know about the hyperbola in a short period of time. What really helped me learn the four different types of conic sections were the paper folding. I really liked it cause it helped me see the difference and similarities with the four different conic sections and I also thought I was good at it.



Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified Nederlands/Dutch

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home